- About Us
- Healthcare Consulting
- Compliance & Privacy Services
- Industry Speakers
- Managed Care Contracting & Negotiation
- Marketing & Sales Support Services
- Operational & Revenue Cycle Assessments and Implementations
- Patient Satisfaction
- Practice Start-up
- Professional Development
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Strategic Planning
- Business-to-Business Services
- Strategic Partners
- Contact Us
Gail Scarboro-Hritz, A.S., C.H.F.P.
Gail Scarboro-Hritz has more than 30 years’ experience in healthcare financial operations management in hospitals, medical groups and integrated delivery systems. Her experience in consulting allows her to expertly bridge the worlds of finance, strategy, and healthcare operations.
Areas of Expertise
Ms. Scarboro-Hritz has advised some of the country’s most prestigious healthcare provider organizations, as well as large companies that provide support services and serve as business partners to large, multi-faceted healthcare organizations. Most recently, Ms. Scarboro-Hritz served over the course of two years as the Chief Revenue Cycle Officer for the Medical University of South Carolina. She was responsible for leading the enterprise-wide implementation of the Epic Revenue Cycle System. The MUSC Epic revenue cycle implementation was judged to be in the top quartile for all Epic revenue cycle implementations across the country. She has significant experience in advising healthcare providers in all facets of revenue cycle operations, business partner RFP and selection processes, and managed care contracting. She has been instrumental in developing and implementing start-up operations for health systems forming Centralized Billing Operations (CBO) and/or Management Service Organizations (MSO). She led the successful implementation of a CBO for a large Midwestern Medical Group owned and operated by a large two-state wide healthcare system. This involved a “from the ground up” work plan and full execution of that plan. This included, but was not limited to, researching, identifying and proposing a location and a budget for the CBO to senior health system executives, staffing plans, developing policies/procedures and work flows, screening and hiring CBO employees, training employees and practice staff, and the implementation of multiple practice management systems in the CBO. In addition, Ms. Scarboro-Hritz has significant experience in advising medical groups specializing in medical and/or radiation oncology and other specialties. Her expertise includes managed care contract evaluation and payer negotiations. Through this extensive industry experience, she has developed significant expertise in the following areas:
- Revenue cycle start-up operations in hospitals and medical groups.
- Revenue cycle assessments in hospitals and medical groups.
- Leading revenue cycle process improvement initiatives in hospitals and medical groups.
- Managed care contract reviews, fee/reimbursement analysis, payer negotiations, and contract administration plans for hospitals and medical groups.
- Implementing service excellence initiatives in hospitals and medical groups.
- Leading clients through business partner RFP processes and contracting for outsource work activities such as bad debt collection and Medicaid Eligibility, and EDI services for hospitals and medical groups.
- Leading patient accounting and practice management I.T. system implementations and/or conversions.
- Training hospital and medical group staff in all aspects of revenue cycle operations.
- Developing cost-to-collect models to assist hospitals and medical group in assessing whether to “build it” or “buy it”.
- Founder & Managing Partner of Hritz Management Services
- Associate Director, Navigant Consulting
- Principal, EthosPartners Healthcare Management Group
- Managing Partner, Hritz Noon Associates, LLC
- Senior Director, Patient Financial Services Cleveland Clinic Health System
- Vice President of Client Services, NCO Group Healthcare Division
- A.S., State University of New York
- Emory Advanced Management Program, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Colorado State University
- Advanced Member & Past Member of the Board of Directors – Georgia Healthcare Financial Management Association
- American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management
- HFMA National Certification Designation CHFP – Certified Healthcare Financial Professional
- Certification Coach and Leadership Faculty for Georgia Chapter of HFMA
- Panelist Health I.T. Leadership Summit
- Panelist – Women In Healthcare Leadership Summit